Belgrade Centre for Human Rights
GoalsThe principal goals of the Centre are advancement of knowledge in the field of human rights and humanitarian law, development of democracy, strengthening of the rule of law and the civil society in Serbia and protection of vulnerable groups of individual victims of human rights violations through a professional legal assistance and strategic litigation.
- Researching and reporting on the state of enjoyment of human rights
- Drafting model laws and projects for the reform and improvement of state institutions
- Co-operation with national and international organisations and institutions active in the field of promotion of human rights, rule of law and democracy
- Providing free legal assistance and representation to asylum seekers and refugees in Serbia through an implementation partnership project with the UNHCR
- Active involvement in the process of European integration
Target GroupsAdolescents (approx. 13-17 years old), General Public, Local Authorities and State Agencies, Migrants, Policy Makers, Refugee Children, Refugees and Asylum Seekers, Students (in higher education), Unaccompanied Refugee Minors, Victims and Survivors of Human Rights Violations, Victims and Survivors of Violence, Young Adults (approx. 18-30)